Monday, April 2, 2007

Coo Coo for Coconut

Hello.

My name is Cachita, & I'm an obsessive compulsive. Well, at least that's what I've been told by some. But really, who cares? It's not like I'm one of those weird OC's who have to flush the toilet 10 times before leaving the house. I just tend to get a little carried away when it comes to shopping.

Whick leads me to discuss my latest craze-- coconut. I don't know what triggered it, but suddenly I must own anything that smells of coconut & for some odd reason coconut scented stuff is kinda difficult to find. Most of the bath & body stuff I've found is usually pineapple & coconut, or vanilla & coconut, or lime & coconut, etc... (vanilla coconut wouldn't be so bad, but most of the time it's only 5% coconut with the rest being vanilla.)

I've visited the most obvious stores already like the bodyshop & they have a really heavenly coconut bodybutter, but the stuff is EXPENSIVE. They must get the coconuts for the lotion, from some far away mythical place, like Narnia or Fantasia. (For those of you who don't remember a Fanatasia before American Idol, please refer to The Neverending Story. Yep, that's right. I'm kickin' it old-school style) Actually, the only reason I can find to justify the price they charge for this stuff, is that they must import the coconuts to the U.S. only to export them back to Narnia/Fantasia & import them back again to the U.S.

I also looked for coconut stuff at BBW, & was pleasantly surprised to find a decent- smelling bodysplash & lotion, called exotic coconut, because usually BBW stuff is waaaay too sweet-smelling for me. (By sweet I mean sticky-sweet. And by sticky-sweet, i mean it smells like my two-yr old neice's hands after she eats pancakes with syrup.)

So, after finding the lotion, I set my sights on finding a coconut perfume, which was a even more difficult & frustrating. I almost considered concocting my own, until I found a couple of websites that were more than happy to do it for me (for the right price of course.)