As a fair warning I would like to let you all know that I looooooooove perfumes. (Not all perfumes, of course.) I like perfumes that are clean, fresh, & light. But here's the twist, I'm not fond of water notes. I'm also not very fond of flowery perfumes or oriental scents, so this of course complicates things even more. To make things even more difficult, I also don't like certain fruity scents, so what the hell else is left to smell you ask? Well, not much really but in my search for The Perfume I've come across some interesting scents that merit mention.
1.Creed: Virgin Island Water- Hella Expensive & very similar to the Coconut Lime Verbena sold by BBW. Really the only difference is that VIW is saltier smelling. Is it worth the price? For me it is. Where can you find it? Saks'll never let you down.
2.Bond: Fire Island- Another exorbitantly priced perfume, except this one smells like euro suntan lotion. It's pleasant enough & reminds me of the beach. It's one of the line's best sellers, so much so that Neiman's was sold out when I went looking for it.
3. CB I Hate Perfume Line- I was really intrigued by this concept & had been coveting several perfumes from this line. The line was created to resemble anything but perfume. With accords like Forest Floor, Soaked Earth, Fig Leaf, and the such I was absolutely enthralled, so I ordered several samples only to be dissapointed by the somewhat musky scent they had. The only one I like of the samples I ordered was At The Beach which again had notes of suntan lotion in it
4.Prada infusion d' iris- Absolute HEAVEN on earth. The first time I sprayed it on my wrist I couldn't quit sniffing myslef. It smells a tad rooty & earthy which is probably why I love it so. It reminds me of potted iris' after the rain. It is an absolute must for this season according to me & Allure magazine.
5. Annick Goutal: Petite Nanette: It is a light fresh pear scent that you will never grow tire of. Perfect for summer days and exceptioanlly lovely.
Try one or try them all. The key is to let the scent settle on your skin. Just because you like it in the bottle it doesn't mean you'll like it on your arm.